It doesn’t matter if you’re a brilliant web designer, developer or writer — working on a freelance basis requires a lot of effort from you. Freelancers face numerous potential struggles, from keeping themselves organized throughout the workday to finding the ideal project or job. If you’re a freelancer, one of the best things you can do for your career is create a convincing resume, and if you want professional CV writers to craft a winning resume for you, go to Resumesarea.com and new job opportunities won’t keep you waiting.
In the modern day and age, there are dozens of tools available to freelancers to make their work easier and more efficient. Here are 10 online tools every freelancer must know about.
- Google Tasks. Whenever you open your Gmail account, you may already be looking at one of the best time management tools for freelancers available today. Google Tasks gives you an opportunity to turn every email into a new assignment with a single click. You can then assign a date to the assignment and never lose a single task again.
- Freedom. Getting your tasks in order may be difficult, but staying focused on the work is sometimes impossible with all the distractions surrounding you. Freedom, the app that is used by over 750,000 people and is available across all platforms, limits your access to video games, social media, and online shopping when you need to be at your most productive.
- Xero. Xero is an all-encompassing financial tool that is perfect for small business owners and self-employed professionals. It’s a one-stop-shop for all of your invoices, bills, and online banking needs, and is available both as a web tool and a mobile app.
- Freshbooks. Freshbooks is another financial tool that is designed mainly to make the job of writing and sending invoices easier. However, it also has one important advantage over the competitors: by allowing you to take photos of your receipts rather than manually type in your expenses, this tool will save you a lot of time.
- Udemy. Perhaps, no other online learning tool offers as many courses as Udemy: right now you can choose from 80,000+ courses, which is more than enough for one person’s lifetime. Improve your current work skills or study a totally different area to switch professions — with Udemy you can do it all.
- Skillshare. At Skillshare you will not only find courses that can improve your current skill set or help you learn a new profession, but also courses that will teach you the art of being a freelancer. This includes courses on correctly pricing your services, getting started at the most popular freelance platforms, and how to self-promote.
- Trello. Trello is one of the most helpful tools for all of your project management needs, but it’s particularly useful if you prefer to work in groups. Here you can create an unlimited number of boards, lists, and cards; add as many people as you want; and see every change that is made to the content in real time.
- ProofHub. If missed deadlines, endless client email threads, and the struggle to keep all work files in one place is what terrifies you the most about freelancing, then you’re definitely going to appreciate ProofHub. It allows you to keep track of your projects and effectively communicate with clients from one convenient place.
- Evernote. Even if you’re only beginning your career as a freelancer, there is a good chance you’re already familiar with Evernote. It’s the go-to time and project management app for many people, but it can also become your best way to navigate through freelancing by storing your projects, note, and receipts.
- iCloud. If you want your data to be constantly synced without you even knowing, use iCloud as your backup solution. For just $0.99 a month you can store up to 50GB of all kinds of data and access it from any device or platform.
Working as a freelancer has its own risks, from not being able to secure enough projects to the difficulties of taking a paid sick leave or a vacation. However, for millions of freelancers it’s still worth it, and with these 10 tools your freelancing experience is going to be even more satisfying.