To protect our users from any unauthorized withdrawal transactions, we have now implemented two-factor authentication (2FA) for all withdrawal requests and for setting up a security phone number.
You are now required to verify your identity either through email or your nominated phone number before you proceed with your withdrawal request.
If you try to withdraw funds without an existing secure phone number, you will receive a security code for 2FA via the email address linked to your Freelancer account. Even if you already have a security code, you still have the option to set up your security phone number before completing your withdrawal request. Here’s how to do it:
1. Choose a method to withdraw your funds.
Upon clicking the method to withdraw your funds, a security code will be sent to your email.
2. You will be directed to the withdrawal verification page. Enter the security code that was sent to you via email. If you haven’t set up your security phone number yet and you wish to do so, tick the checkbox then submit the code.
3. You will then be led to this next page to set up your security phone number. Choose your country then enter your phone number. Select verification method (through SMS or phone call). By clicking ‘Resend’, you will receive a new verification code. Enter the code and click ‘Verify’.
4. After successfully setting up your security phone number, you will be directed to the withdrawal page to finish your withdrawal request.
Here’s how to get through the withdrawal transaction if you don’t set up your security phone number.
2. You will be directed to the withdrawal verification page. Enter the security code sent to you via email. If you don’t want to set up your security phone number at this time, don’t tick the checkbox. Click ‘Submit’ to verify your identity and to continue to the next step.
3. You will be led to the withdrawal page to complete your withdrawal request.
This is the 2FA for withdrawal if a security phone number has been previously set up.
You have now successfully set up your security phone number with 2FA.
Withdrawal of funds is among the most important transactions in our platform. Safeguard your account with this fast and easy to implement two-factor authentication.
What do you think of this new feature? Share your thoughts and suggestions by posting a comment below.