Interior Design - Render it and help us choose colours!
- Status: Closed
- Prize: $379
- Entries Received: 13
- Winner: Marlindo D Pontes
This is an Office interior design contest where the layout has already been locked in and now we need your help choosing colours for the main work space by producing a render of how it all looks with your colour ideas.
The specific design elements we are basing this competition around are:
- Wall Colours
- Cabinet Colours
- Ceiling colour design for the exposed ceiling
- Any creative touches you can see that would work well.
Equally important is how your design fits in with the other colour choices already made for the meeting rooms, kitchen/pantry and breakout area. These are noted below.
Attached is the floor layout plans which will not change. It is divided into the following:
Office Area (where most of your focus should be)
- This is an open plan office with exposed industrial white + other colour ceiling
- Long runs of open plan work desks. (see attached - colour and legs)
- Office Chairs are Black high-back (see attached)
- Concrete Polished floors
- The small round meeting tables in the middle of the main floor are open for your creative flair. You should show beanbags or something else - it just needs to be a space for impromptu team meetings.
- The default colour presently is white - white walls, columns, and ceiling. Show us something else worth considering. It doesn't have to be a full colour change - you could show white with other colours worked in.
-We want to see some kind of soft-dividers that span between each set column. Not hard walls but rather, some shelves or soemthing else that adds a design element to help block some of the sound given its fully open plan. We like the idea of plants being worked into this. Plant samples attached which show some options readily available.
In terms of placement If you look at the columns, you can see 3 distinct areas from bottom to top-
--- The first run of tables (closest to the small meeting room)
--- (2 columns)
--- The second run of tables (middle of the office)
---- (2 columns)
--- The 2 x sets of 4 desks (top of the office)
left, middle and right.
- The cabinets surround the edges of the general offices areas. Some are 1.8 high and some are 900mm high. See attached separate image for location of 1.8m high ones. The colour choices for Cabinets is White, Light Grey, Dark Grey or Black. All Matte colours.
The main office area + breakout area is an exposed ceiling. Ignore the OriginalOffice pics showing a false ceiling - this is being removed. See attached the other Cieliing pics showing you the actual cieling in its current sate which will be cleaned up and painted white. Then see separate picture "[login to view URL]" - have a play with the combination of white + another colour to make the ceiling interesting.
Small Meeting Room
- This is a small meeting room, 4 chairs + round meeting table.
- Black carpet with Blue lines in it - see attached photo titled Carpet
- Walls will be Party Time Orange - See attached Photo titled Colour
- Front Entrance Wall will be Glass.
- small TV on the wall
- False white ceiling over top with down lights
- This is going to be an underground Speakeasy bar / club style
- Dark / Blood Red Walls
- Exposed Ceiling that goes up 3 meters above top of wall - Ceiling Painted Black
- Very Dark Wood floor
- Bar Counter (grey pearl colour attached) with bar stools and a Beer Tap.
- Huge TV on the wall, Big Lounge in style to suit a bar, Pool Table, Foosball Table
- Old-Style Tungsten lighting in a birdcage
Large Meeting Room
- Bright Yellow painted Walls (colour not attached)
- Glass wall on door side
- Hard walls on all other sides with the yellow
- Carpet is Black with Green lines per attached photo
- Meeting table + meeting chairs
- TV on the wall
- Basic top row of cupboards + bottom row of cupboards
- Counter top with Sink
- Cupboards will be high gloss Salsa Red (see attached)
- Counterstop and sink will be dark grey
- Splashback will be dark grey glass
“Great Attitude. Clean Designs. A pleasure to work with.”