Create a handout to promote a NASA Tournament Lab Venus rover design challenge
- Status: Closed
- Prize: $200
- Entries Received: 97
- Winner: Jun01
We are looking for you to design a two-sided handout which will be given to passers-by (composed of the general public) at a US-based event in the near future. One side is to promote an upcoming crowdsourcing challenge, Exploring Hell: Avoiding Obstacles on a Clockwork Rover, in which the NASA Tournament Lab (NTL) and HeroX have partnered together. The other side will be used to promote NASA Solve, which is NASA's one-stop-shop for listing all of the opportunities available to the public to participate in science and technology activities, including those from the NTL.
• Use this link ([login to view URL]) as a reference to better understand the purpose of NASA Solve
• Use the attached Exploring Hell Avoiding Obstacles on a Clockwork Rover challenge documentation Word document to better understand the challenge. It contains the challenge overview and challenge guidelines which includes the schedule.
• Deliver original files (which can be opened in Adobe InDesign or other Adobe Product) and a printer-ready format
• Hand out will be printed on a 4x6 inch 65lb standard white cardstock and thus the designs should fit that size
For the Venus Rover challenge side, the following are required:
• The challenge URL ([login to view URL]) should be prominent with a clear call to action
• The challenge webinar URL ([login to view URL]) should be included along with the webinar date March 19
• The imagery should match, in subject matter and style, to the attached Rover 1 image
• Include the NTL logo (attached)
For the Venus Rover challenge side, the following are desired:
• Include the short challenge description "To explore the daunting surface of Venus, NASA needs an innovative obstacle avoidance sensor for its mechanical clockwork rover."
• Include the HeroX logo (attached)
For the NASA Solve side, the following are required:
• Include the NASA Solve logo
• Include the NASA Solve URL ([login to view URL])
For the NASA Solve side, the following are desired:
• Include content that informs the reader what NASA Solve is
“Melodee provided an outstanding 2-sided graphic handout for the NASA Tournament Lab who will use it at SXSW. This was for a contest with 140 submissions. Melodee was extremely good about responding to feedback and quickly following up with new entries. Her designs were top notch from the beginning and improved as comments were added. She met all of our requirements and exceeded our expectations withe her creative designs.”
nasacoeci, United States.