Design a custom piece of art for a proposal.
- Status: Closed
- Prize: $200
- Entries Received: 47
- Winner: meisjoe
Hello! I am planning to propose to my girlfriend. My name is Joshua and her name is Shoshana, so people call us "Shoshashua". I want to get a plaque designed that will say "Shoshashua forever?" I was thinking of maybe doing it in a trippy style, and then printing it on metal? but I'm not set on that and I'm definitely open to ideas if you have something you think would rock! I do want a finished product though. She also really really loves tea, and really really loves scotch (and really loves the color pink). I want it to have a lot of detail and style. I am open to creative ideas. I uploaded some photos of some styles I like just from a quick google search. I want it to look super cool and detailed, and colorful!!
I'm thinking 11"x17" or 13"x19" size for the final product? I want it too look good if it needs to be blown up a bit, I don't want it looking pixelated. I'm leaning towards 13"x19" size, approx.
Thanks! looking forward :D
I have the perfect idea. The letters Shoshashua Forever? Will be very big, taking up the whole 13"x19" plaque. The font of the letters can be a cartooney style or any creative style you think would work. Now Inside these huge letters, that's where all the details will be. She loves whiskey- particularly scotch, she loves Big dogs, and she loves Loose leaf tea. Run wild with any creative cute ideas for anything that can go inside the letters. I will give big big preference to hand drawn, I mean actually done with a pencil and paper. Here are some things you can draw inspiration from-
1. Tushie temp. This is an inside joke where she checks my tushie temperature at night because I tend to get very hot. I usually respond tushie temp at critical level , and then she fans my tushie till tushie temp stabilizes.
2. Jaffar/Giraffe. Inside Joke where she got jaffar from alladin and a giraffe confused, when we were building a disney puzzle.
3. She loves big big dogs. She wants a horse of a dog. We always make fun of those tiny tiny dogs, we joke that they aren't real dogs.
4. We are Jewish and we both love Israel. Politics aside, Israel is a beautiful place. This can be incorperated somehow.
5. She is a tea snob, and will only drink loose leaf tea. We also grow tea on our porch.
6. She is a super organized person. She is a executive assistant to a tech startup here in Chicago.
These are all Ideas you can draw from when you are filling in the letters with detail! I know this is a lot but I hope someone out there will spend the time on this to make it a truly beautiful piece!
“Great guy! Very happy with the product!”
jostrow1502, United States.