- AS USED BY
Showcased Work from our Freelancers
Get More Done with Freelancers
You don't need to do it all yourself
Spend more time on what you do best & start getting more done.
Hire at a fraction of the cost
Find yourself an army of designers, developers, marketers, and writers.
Don't regret a bad hire
Read reviews from real people and know you're getting the best.
As Featured in
The World's Largest Marketplace
Millions of users, from small businesses to large enterprises, entrepreneurs to startups, use Freelancer to turn their ideas into reality.
TOTAL JOBS POSTED
Takes reviews and feedback in a good spirit and makes his work more valuable
If you're looking for a talented technical content writer you'll find people like Ashish to help you accomplish your needs.
Hiring a Product Description Writer on Freelancer
Did you know that there is a right way and wrong way to write product descriptions? Many people think that creating a product description involves simply writing down an exhaustive list of the product’s features. However, this is not the correct way to do it.
The purpose of a product description is more than to highlight the product’s features. What is more important is highlighting the product’s benefits.
When a prospective buyer reads through the description, the one question they have on their mind is ‘What will this product do for me?’ Listing the features will not answer their question but listing the benefits will. It is that small but critical difference between writing an effective product description that entices the reader and sells your products and a product description that fails to make sales.
An unoriginal boring product description can hurt your business without you even realizing it. On the other hand, a well-written product description that incorporates and blends all the elements into one attractive write up can be a powerful factor in increasing sales.
However, not everyone has the skill to do this. Whether you are marketing home-made scented candles and soaps or you marketing gourmet foods or sophisticated fireplaces, you need an experienced professional who knows how to use the right words to describe your product.
Here’s how a product description writer will approach the task:
- Use the right combination of words to make your product sound exotic and one-of-a-kind. Most people don’t mind spending on something that is exclusive rather than an item that half the world owns.
- Describe the product in such a way as to make it sound like a necessity and not a luxury. Anybody reading it will feel like they absolutely must have it.
- Use long-tail keywords cleverly so that the description is optimized for search engines but without it looking obvious. Keywords help your product descriptions rank higher in search engines so they can be more easily found by potential buyers who are looking for that particular item.
- Use the right tone and language keeping in mind your audience. Product descriptions that are aimed at teenagers need to be written in a tone and language that is different from that used to describe products meant for older people or the business segment.
- If your strength lies in production and marketing but not in writing, you should consider hiring a product description expert to handle this aspect of your business. On Freelancer.com you can find several highly creative writers who have earned high praise and rave reviews for creating catchy, attractive product descriptions.
Finding a writer who has the creative flair and right qualifications is easy. Once you log in to your account on Freelancer.com, you can browse through the portfolio of different product description writers and read the samples on their portfolio. When you find one you like, you can hire that writer directly by clicking on the ‘hire me’ button on their profile page.
Alternatively, you can post a project and wait for the bids to come in and then choose a suitable writer from among the bidders.
Many e-commerce business owners overlook the selling power of well-written product descriptions that address all of the above points. Don’t be one of them. Hire a product description expert on Freelancer.com today and see it difference it makes to your sales chart.
How it Works
1. Post job
Tell us what you need done in seconds.
2. Choose freelancers
Get your first bid in seconds and choose from the best.
3. Track progress
Chat with your freelancer and review their work 24/7.
4. Pay safely
Only pay when you're completely satisfied.
Find Product Description Writers Now
It's quick, easy, and we only need a few details to get startedGet Free Quotes