This is sort of an open-ended question so I am offereing it out there to anyone who is willing to write me up some discussion and maybe include some example code ... and you can assign your own price for what its worth to type it up ... nothing big .. even just three informative paragraphs will do.
I need to have a Vb.net 2003 window with a panel in the middle of it that is a webbrowser ... even like a small IE object if such a thing is available.
Point/purpose is that I need to lock down the computer as a Kiosk and then have some windows buttons at the top but most of the use is in this web browser window below (but no traditional web browser tools ... just clicking on links or using the outide buttons). The program will mostly interact with asp pages located on the computer itself ( which is also a windowsXp Pro with webserver installed )
I'm not sure Vb.net offers in this regard. I know that some commercial programs already do somthing like this. For example, my wireless webservice redirects to a login page before you can continue ... thus when I launch Napster a small box pops up with the napster login fields ... but when I have'nt ALREADY logged into my wireless webservice then my ISP login pops up in this box instead ... hence this small box is some kind of web browser.
Here are the deliverables:
1. Three+ paragraphs of discussion/basic how to
2. Code example if pertinent (optional)
If you have experience in this regard then please bid. Thanks!
1) Complete and fully-functional working program(s) in executable form as well as complete source code of all work done.
2) Deliverables must be in ready-to-run condition, as follows (depending on the nature of the deliverables):
a) For web sites or other server-side deliverables intended to only ever exist in one place in the Buyer's environment--Deliverables must be installed by the Seller in ready-to-run condition in the Buyer's environment.
b) For all others including desktop software or software the buyer intends to distribute: A software installation package that will install the software in ready-to-run condition on the platform(s) specified in this bid request.
3) All deliverables will be considered "work made for hire" under U.S. Copyright law. Buyer will receive exclusive and complete copyrights to all work purchased. (No GPL, GNU, 3rd party components, etc. unless all copyright ramifications are explained AND AGREED TO by the buyer on the site per the coder's Seller Legal Agreement).
I wish to do this in VB.net 2003 (if at all possible) but if you know something else to be totally superior to the purpose then feel free to chime in.