I am looking to develop a small system that uses a stepper motor to dispense liquid after reading a barcode. The idea is to store up to 512 records, each with an ID and matching 'number of steps'.
So, the finished system will work as follows:
1. User scans a barcode to select a stored record.
2. System retrieves 'number of steps' from memory
3. User pushes a button to prime the system (slowly advance the pump)
4. User pushes different button (pedal) to start a dispense cycle (based on number of steps)
5. Repeat as many fills as required by pressing the pedal again
6. Press stop button to disable pump
There will also be a requirement to add new records or modify existing records, preferably using the barcode scanner and then running the pump to count steps. manual adjustment using buttons or a rotary encoder would also help for fine tuning.
I do not mind what type of controller is used. It can be an Arduino, Raspberry Pi, Android Tablet or even a PLC. Same with the display. So long as it serves the purpose, I don't mind, so looking for ideas.
10 freelancers are bidding on average £258 for this job
Dear Sir, I am an expert with more than 15 years of experience in Firmware development, programming, Prototyping and PCB Layouts. I assure you the best solution for your work. Regards Talha
Hi I am My name is Amin. I have 3 years experience working in Arduino and I am Professor of Training Courses in this field I have read your project and you can count on me to accomplish it