A Windows EXE file must be created in C++ which allows the user to input information. The information is currently collected in an Excel file (see attachment) but must be stored in an XML file which is saved to disk.
The project must meet the following constraints:
- Written in C++
- Project in Visual Studio 2017
- Capable of running on Windows XP to Windows 10. Tests will be run on a Windows XP computer to check compatibility.
- Executable must be able to be distributed as a single executable to clients, so no dependency on external libraries
- Date formats etc. must be checked for validity
- Pre-added information in drop down lists (see Excel file) must be easily changeable
- Output in valid XML format
- User must be able to read in a previously saved XML file and edit it further, than save it again, or under a new name.
- Screen layout comparable with the Excel file layout
Project must be delivered as a complete VS 2017 project. For tests during the development process, the single executable must be delivered.