The company is one of the leading manufacturers of environmental controls equipment for the rapidly expanding greenhouse and hydroponic market. It is led by a world class team with an extremely talented technical CEO (founder) at the helm. The company is poised for very aggressive growth and is looking to expand its leadership team.
The Senior Engineering position is responsible for all aspects product development. This starts from product ideation phase and technical development phase then to manufacturing release. You will work with other departments to ensure a successful product is developed. This is product development to market needs and not just to specifications.
Essential responsibilities and duties include:
* Selecting key components and associated tool chain (processors, RTOS, tool chains, development tools)
* Develop functional code that are well structured, easily maintained, portable, reusable, easily (re)testable and validated, fault tolerant, and robust.
* Design hardware electronics (boards from SDK, sensors, accessories, etc.) that involve power, analog, and digital circuitries. Some will have wireless interfaces, and various communication protocols. Hardware bring-ups and trouble shooting.
* Minor mechanical designs, work with mechanical engineer on enclosure designs, plastic molds, brackets, etc.
* Release new product designs to internal production and external CMs. Responsible to develop or specify needed tests and diagnostic procedures. Products must follow standard accepted DFM and DFT guidelines. Must provide all necessary design documentations for product transfer to other departments.
* Work with other departments (technical support, marketing) to provide technical expertise and guidance.
THE IDEAL CANDIDATE
Candidate have at least 10 years of direct technical design experience in developing new complex, embedded electronic products. Some of these products are manufactured in high volume and are successfully delivered to the customer.
The candidate have worked in large and small engineering environment. Have been involved in fast, agile product, as well as large complex systems with long development cycles. Some of these projects, candidate have been the technical lead, and some have been involved from beginning ideation phase to sustaining phase.
Also have worked with, mentored, and developed more junior engineers.
Candidate have a strong command in several key engineering areas (Firmware, Hardware, Software, Mechanical, Industrial)
Have direct experience with trouble shooting very difficult failures with multiple root causes.
Have an in-depth knowledge of manufacturing processes, including working with outside and oversea CMs.
Please note: You must be an individual
This is a full time job so we dont need any individual who isdoing already a job.
You must able to work US hours. 8-5