Our block is 1800m2 (including the house and pool). We moved in two years ago and imagine it would have been very pretty back in the day, but it has been neglected for many years and needs a facelift. We also do not have the time to tend to the hundreds of trees and plants in the garden. We would like to 'streamline' it. Modernise it. We have a plan (see My Plan Image (1)), but would really like a professionals opinion. The design in the My Plan Image uses what we have in the garden, but we wonder if it would be better to level the garden and start again ?
The job will require several mature trees to be removed and others transplanted.
Our wish list includes:
• A gabion wall along the back fence, preferably half the height of a ‘regular’ fence, as we overlook an acreage, and we would like to make the most of it (See Google Image (2) of the acreage).
• Outdoor shower and toilet
• Outdoor kitchen
• Structure over the pool to allow for shade
• Spa around pool area
• Powered Workshop / gym (this could possibly be a place for the shower and toilet ?) with a nice wall that faces the house and possibly awnings coming off the workshop to shade the path
• Sunken fire pit area towards the back of the property
• Glass pool fence
• Raised vegetable gardens
• Kids cubby house with secret tunnel
• Updated pool house
• Bee hive with tap to access honey
• Sunken area for pool blanket and roller to be stored
• A structure around the pool, or tall poles that is part of the pool fence that can be used to connect festoon style lighting from the house alfresco and cover the back lawn.
My husband is a Plumber by trade is very hands on. We are happy to do a lot of the work ourselves, but would love a professional design that we can work on in stages. If you have builders in Perth you would recommend, we are happy to speak with them as well – specifically for the workshop / gym. We would also like the plan to include specific plants.
I am happy to discuss this with you in more detail, and provide photographs of the different areas. If you are in Perth I am also happy to arrange for site visits.