thank you very much for your interest in my project.
The task is to provide working documentation of how to setup and run a kubernetes cluster with the following specifications:
1) 6 nodes as VM servers each with ubuntu 18.04 installed (will be provided by me. After document and setup is ready - the servers will be reset and I will try to re-do the whole setup successfully.)
2) rancher as kubernetes management tool
3) scripted setup of a running kubernetes cluster
4) instructions on how to add / remove a node
5) instructions on how to define, start, stop and remove new pods/applications/services (i.e. define a service from a simple whoami or hello-word dockerfile)
6) Post-Dock cluster installed and running (as a postgersql cluster with 1 primary and 3 replicas)
7) setup of a shared storage (CEPH, storageos or similar) accessible to other pods as mountable volumes (i.e. to store files, databases, etc.) with replicas
8) instruction on how to make a runnable pod from an existing and working Dockerfile. This basically a http server that can accept requests and has access to the database, setup in step 6
9) all instructions need to be documented well, eigther as word document or as inline documentation of the script
10) the setup has to be delivered as a well docmented script or a small number of those scripts as a set thereof
- most of this setup was working before already as a docker swarm configuration. I now want to move to a k8s infrastructure for more reliability and stability
- if you want to suggest better different approaches, let me know.
- size and number of nodes can be negotiated.
- I want to automate the setup of the cluster as much as possible. Make use of private key ssh and/or saltstack for automated remote access. It should be possible to re-create the setup easily in case of a disaster recovery. That's why I used rancher, since I found it most handy to setup k8s clusters.
- please state your name at the very first beginning of your bid to be considered a serious bidder - this will show me that you read this document up to this point
This task should be delivered within 7 days from contract.
All questions welcome.