So what I’m doing is essentially setting up a digital DJ agency, and I’m looking for a handful of DJ’s that I can depend on to work with me long term.
* please do not accept this work if you’re not able to work to deadlines and are not excited to be working in this type of work or arrangement. You will also need some audio examples of your DJ work (not someone else's mixes) so you need to have some experience *
For the agency, I’ll be taking care of all the advertising, meetings, calls, client contact, content etc..which means I will be responsible for the cost of those. I will provide you with the work, which will be creating DJ mixes for weddings. The main focus is creating these mixes for the reception (dance section) and the bridal party entrance. You just have to create the digital mix as per the requirements of the client. Most mixes will be around 2-2.5hrs of a predesigned playlist (standard for weddings).
What I’m doing first is hiring a handful of DJ's to do a small mix first to see if its something that you enjoy doing and have the skills to do. Then if you and I are both happy with the process and the result, we can talk about having you on board with my agency?
Obviously I’m hiring a number of DJ’s to do the same first project with these small number of songs so I can then pick three (3) DJ’s who will be the best fit and who would be open and excited to form a longer term working relationship. I’ll then add those three (3) DJ's to my website with their photo and a short bio to help attract more clients.
- I give you 7 songs to mix (you can choose the song order)
- the mix must be between 22-25 minutes
- the mix needs to show creative DJ skills where possible (beat dropping, looping, etc). Not only just fade in/fade out
- the mix needs to be focused on entertainment and keeping people on the dance floor
- You submit the mix in a high quality mp3 or wav file by the required deadline.
- You MUST be able to communicate confidently and clearly in English (not just copy and paste from Google translate)
I've uploaded some DJ mix examples of what I'm looking for.
6 freelancers are bidding on average $53 for this job
I’ve been DJing for 2 years and I’ll try my best! I think I can do what you’re asking and when it comes to English I suppose I have the level you’re asking for. Thank you for reading!