If you are able to supply us with expertise in some or all areas as listed below, please get in touch
This could lead to a more permanent collaboration for the right person/companies
1. We are looking for electronic engineers to design a wireless scientific instrument using an 18F series PIC microprocessor.
We will provide detailed technical specifications (size, battery voltage, sampling frequency, A/D resolution, etc). The system will be low-power battery-operated, mainly surface mount.
You will supply electronic schematics and printed circuit board layouts in Protel 99SE or DXP format for our approval.
We will be responsible for getting the pcbs manufactured, and the electronic components to you.
You will build, test and supply two working prototypes. You will need to have your own assembly and (basic) test equipment.
PIC programming is done in MPASM and/or C18 using ICD or ICD2.
Wireless data communication with the PIC device will be via Bluetooth and/or WiFi.
You will write a PC-based VB6 software interface for basic data collection and data logging.
2. We are looking for software engineers to program the (equivalent of the above) data collection and logging functions based on hand-held PDAs (e.g. iPaq, Clie) and various SmartPhones (e.g. Nokia 40, 60, 90 and 80 platforms). Programming languages may be embedded Visual Basic (eVB), embedded Visual C (eVC) or AppForge CrossFire.
3. We are looking for software engineers with specific programming experience of the Bluetooth protocol and associated HCI commands.
4. We are also looking for manufacturers for (small volumes of) printed circuit boards and suppliers of surface mount electronic components
We would like to see resumes and portfolios with appropriate examples of work in these areas.
We would consider applications from people with only partial expertise in these areas.
MSN ID <brett@[url removed, login to view]>
Email: <brett@[url removed, login to view]>
1) Complete and fully-functional working program(s) in executable form as well as complete source code of all work done.
2) Deliverables must be in ready-to-run condition, as follows (depending on the nature of the deliverables):
a) For web sites or other server-side deliverables intended to only ever exist in one place in the Buyer's environment--Deliverables must be installed by the Seller in ready-to-run condition in the Buyer's environment.
b) For all others including desktop software or software the buyer intends to distribute: A software installation package that will install the software in ready-to-run condition on the platform(s) specified in this bid request.
3) All deliverables will be considered "work made for hire" under U.S. Copyright law. Buyer will receive exclusive and complete copyrights to all work purchased. (No GPL, GNU, 3rd party components, etc. unless all copyright ramifications are explained AND AGREED TO by the buyer on the site per the coder's Seller Legal Agreement).