We have a rather straightforward custom web site on the LAMP stack and are looking for a competent web developer/software engineer to do some updates to the site and also general ongoing maintenance.
Skills required (intermediate level or better for all of the below):
- Linux (Ubuntu/Debian preferred) - basic shell commands, bash, rsync, ssh, etc
- Apache 2.x - adding/removing vhosts, basic server-level troubleshooting
- MySQL - an understanding of relational databases and experience with phpMyAdmin
- PHP 5 - our site application is all custom (not built on a framework), but is pretty clear and is well-documented
- HTML/CSS - Must understand how to code HTML and CSS by hand (No WYSIWYG developrs please!)
- Git source management - we use Subversion now but will switch to Git when you come on board. Please have experience with Git in general, including branching, code reviews, etc. We will be using a web interface such as Bitbucket
- [url removed, login to view] - We will use this to communicate on desired tasks and features that are needed, and to report completion of the tasks to others in our company
- Basic Photoshop - there will be needs to do image cropping/resizing and possibly other basic image adjustments. We don't need a designer, just someone who understands when to use a JPG vs PNG vs GIF, and can put a normal looking web site together if given the desired image assets
- AWS -- our site is hosted on AWS. Initially you will not need access to this but general site maintenance in addition to software development may be needed
IMPORTANT: if you choose to bid on this project, please copy and paste the list of skills above and provide a summary of your experience with each.
Please also provide PHP, HTML, and CSS code samples, and links to any publicly-accessible projects you've worked on, with an explanation of what part of the work you did. Do not include projects you were peripherally involved with, only those that you actually did PHP, HTML, and/or CSS work on.
51 freelancers are bidding on average $12/hour for this job
Hi I work towards providing reliable, relevant and robust IT solutions at most competitive prices to my customers. I ensure 100% customer satisfaction so lets start Thanks