We need to get a special Unity 3d grass shader with texture assets and materials setup for mobile devices on URP rendering systems by using
Shader Graph. This shader should work on low-end devices and give a good level of graphics.
1. The basis of the shader will be tiling material with a ready-made grass texture pattern.
2. Shader must have color, normal, specular, occlusion texture maps. Material settings interface (Textures fields, tiling and offset, Color Tint,
normal power, smoothness, specular, occlusion power).
3. Using two types of texture maps for near and far camera distance from the surface. Blending between these sets of texture maps. For the
near option display the main texture set. At a distance display an additional color and normal map set. Material settings interface (Color
and normal textures field for distance maps, color tint, tiling and offset, start blend distance, end blend distance, blend power).
4. Pixel parallax using an additional height map. The parallax system should have LOD system, displaying only at the near camera distance
from the grass surface. Material settings interface (height map, tiling and offset, height amplitude, step, LOD threshold, LOD distance
start, LOD distance end).
5. Noise system for implementation additional details on surface. Details noise with tint color displaying by using noise texture map. Details
noise should have two visualization options one on near camera distance and second for far camera distance from the grass surface with
blending system. Noise system should be dependence on Noise texture map and surface normal vectors (be larger on extreme surface
elevations). Material settings interface (Noise tint color, noise map, map tiling and offset, blending start and distance and power).
6. Border Color Tint System. All hard border edges should have strong color tint effect. This effect is losing power dependence far camera
distance from the grass surface. Material settings interface (tint color, blend min, blend max, LOD start, LOD end.)
7. All material interface parameters should supply us to create different types of grass materials (grass patterns and height).
The visual effect of the shader is achieved using the main and additional texture patterns without information from UV map on the surface mesh. It
works correct on any types of UV maps. Therefore, it is necessary to apply the methods of procedural management of textures and additional
details. For development materials you need to create texture patterns for different grass surface and setup shader parameters for a test.
For an additional understanding objectives of the task and acceleration of work, we provide the following resources:
- Shader prototype made for the HDRP Unity 3d rendering system using Shader Graph.
- Additional subshaders and nodes.
- Pack of textures.
- Models of grass shapes (fbx format)
- Visualization references.
7 freelancers are bidding on average $534 for this job
Hi I am Mohammad I have master degree of digital production art and have 8 year experience in industrial animation also I am interested to do your job you can see my works on my personal site [login to view URL]