Hi, I'm Karl. I'm in Perth in Australia and I'm looking to start a website (see the brief). This is a side project as I work in an unrelated field so I am initially looking for consultancy on the feasibility, costs and products for the website build. It may later turn into a request for quotes to develop the site but I first need to consult with an expert to get some advice to get me started. Payment would be on an hourly rate.
A searchable website that displays the results for each service provider in a set format. The functionality is similar in nature to a flight booking system (but it is not a flight booking website) where availability of product/service is checked against advertisers’ inventory and calendar via widgets or other tools connected to their own system, or we provide them with a plugin to add to their system (to be confirmed based on complexity and cost), and displayed in the search results according to the initial search preferences inputted by the user.
Level 1. Search
Search options are:
• Service/Product type (Auto populate against inputted directory of products and services). Products and services could number in the thousands.
• Location (include an option to ‘include surrounding areas’ or possible ‘range options, e.g. 10k.’
• Date/date range (Either shown on a calendar or ‘from’ and ‘to’ options) with option to search outside of these dates, e.g. by one week or month, or see what is available right now
• Number of product/service units required.
Level 2. Search Results
Results must be shown in a table as:
• Service/product provider name and logo
• Date service/product available
• Product numbers available/availability of service
• Price - based on individual unit price X number of people/products required, or shown as a ‘per unit price’ (tbc)
• ‘Read more about company’ button – link to advertisers page
• Contact company button – email sent from site to advertiser
• ‘Book/purchase’ button. – therefore, payment receipt method is required.
• (Search results must include a filter, e.g. by date, location or price, maybe also review ratings)
Level 3. Advertiser’s information and pages
• Searchable component and search results must link to advertisers’ inventory and calendar via widgets or other tools.
• Advertiser’s will have a page for each product or service (not a page for each advertiser, therefore Company A who offers 10 products will have 10 pages, one for each product/service)
• Advertiser’s product page will include, specific information about each product/service:
o Information about this product/service
o Reviews (maybe, to be confirmed by complexity/cost)
o Samples and examples as relevant
o Facilities etc
o Special offers
o Photos and videos
o Links to other products and services pages
o The people who make the products or deliver the services
o (The advertiser will input and manage this content so the site will need a log in and account capabilities)
• Generic information the company that can be the same across their product/service pages
Level 4. Advertiser Options
• Either, advertising a product/service will be free and a booking fee will be charged, or, advertisers will pay for one product/service at a time. They can advertise multiple products and services but must keep them separate to facilitate user choice and experience. I.e., The website does not sell the company, it sells the products and services that the company offers. (This will be confirmed at a later date)
• Advertisers company information can appear on each product/service page so they should only have to enter this once and it will automatically copy onto each product/service page. Maybe an option to ‘Use existing company information’
• Advertiser must have the option to set multiple questions on a booking/purchase form which the user must answer prior to purchasing the product or service. This is required by the nature of the products/services offered.
Thanks in advance. Karl.
31 freelancers are bidding on average $33/hour for this job
Hi Karl. I just read your long proposal carefully and I can help you. I am a full-stack developer and I have rich experiences in website development. I am ready to discuss with you. Thanks.