Desktop Support Engineer
Budget €1500-3000 EUR
BAND 2 JOB DESCRIPTION
• The Band 2 – Desktop Technician will provide day to day local\remote desktop support, receive inbound calls, answer questions, troubleshoot and document steps performed to resolve challenges with hardware, software and application issues in a ticketing system. The candidate will also need to facilitate customer resolution for calls and engage their supervisors and managers to ensure operational consistency across all shifts within the IT Support Center. Desktop Support Engineer provides Break Fix, fault diagnosis and resolution. Providing fault analysis to customer’s various core operating systems and platforms, as well be able to provide support and apply desktop fault resolution for the approved application suite. Ideal candidate should have 2-3 Years’ experience in Windows Desktop support.
Position Responsibilities and Functions
• Provide first/second level contact and problem resolution for customer issues.
• Work with vendors to remediate complex AV issues as needed.
• Provide timely communication on issue status and resolution.
• Maintain ticket updates for all reported incidents.
• Install, upgrade, support and troubleshoot XP, Windows 7, Windows 8.1, Windows 10 and Microsoft Office 2010, Cisco Jabber, another authorized desktop application.
• Should have basic knowledge of Mac operating system, to support Apple pc users.
• Install, upgrade, support and troubleshoot for printers, computer hardware.
• Performs general preventative maintenance tasks on computers, laptops, printers.
• Performs remedial repairs on Desktops, laptops, printers and any other authorized peripheral equipment.
• Use diagnostic tools to troubleshoot problems associated with network connectivity, and workstation hardware/software.
• Broad experience of IT with basic understanding of Networks, Servers, Audio/Visual, Smart Devices and Telecoms.
• This position requires the ability to work in a project-based environment requiring flexibility and teamwork. Performs other duties as assigned.
Candidate Required Minimum Qualifications and Skills
• Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent in Computer Science or related field.
• CompTIA A+, Microsoft Certified Professional (MCP) or better.
• Minimum of 18 months years of IT experience.
• Windows 7-10, Microsoft Active Directory, utilization of GPOs, MS Office 365, PC hardware installation and troubleshooting, Enterprise anti-virus solutions, Helpdesk ticketing systems.
• Mobile device management including IOS and Android devices, Enterprise encryption solutions, Windows PC/laptop management via Active Directory.
• Proven analytical, troubleshooting and problem-solving skills.
• Proven ability to multi-task, effectively determine priorities and meet SLA’s.
• Excellent communication relationship-building and internal customer service skills.
• Adaptable and flexible in a fast-changing industry and work environment.
• Willing to work off-hours and weekends when required for projects or emergency support.
In addition, the Band 2 Technician will mentor and assist Band 1 technicians in their work and provide support to Band 3 Engineers in resolving tickets.
15 freelancers are bidding on average €2057 for this job
Hi how are you? I hope you're doing well. I am System and Network administrator with over 10 years of professional experience. Please contact me so we can start working on it. Thanks
Hi, Greetings! I can perfectly manage your on-premises infrastructure and resources. Being a Cloud and DevOps engineer and having more than ten years of experience, I can do it perfectly for you. Please review my pro More
Hi there, I have read your job posting. I am best fit for this job as I have 7 year experience in desktop support. I will work on all the mentioned task in job posting. Hire me to get this project initiate. Thanks
Hi, this is Sathish Kumar. I have more than 8 years of experience in the Desktop Support Engineer. So I will help you to support for your work. Kindly ping me to discuss further. Also, I know MS O365 & Azure Cloud. I c More
I am a successful Professional Web and Mobile Developer and I took my time and read your job description regarding what exactly need to be done .I'm glad and ready to do this job with my experience over the years with More
Hi, I am Data Center Specialist having 10 years of experience in managing system administration. I am VMware VCP-DCV certified professional and also Microsoft System Center Hyper-v Certified professional. I have strong More
I Have worked completely on windows and Mac user's all over globe. Which used to resolve all issues in timely manner.
Hi, I am writing to express my interest in the Technical Support specialist position at your company. With over 4 years and 3 months of experience in the field, I am confident in my ability to contribute to your team More