Credit / debit card authentication
1. Click your profile picture thumbnail from the main menu bar, and choose User Settings under Account.
2. Select the Trust & Verification tab.
3. Scroll down, and click the Authenticate Credit or Debit Card button.
4. Select a card that you want to authenticate.
5. Read the Confirm small charge on your bank statement section description, and click Charge.
An amount of 0-2 USD (or equivalent) will be charged to your card. The transaction will reflect on your online card statement. Take note of it.
Some financial institutions display the charge instantly while others may take up to 2 days.
If your card is not enrolled to an online facility, contact your bank or card issuer to provide the charged amount.
6. Enter the amount charged to your card in the text field. You are allowed three (3) attempts.
7. Click Authenticate. You are given 88 hours to complete the authentication process.
Credit authentication is different from credit card verification. Verification is merely adding a card as a payment method, while authentication is proving that you own the card.
These are the common reasons the authentication fails:
You entered an incorrect value, or you have exceeded the allowed three attempts.
The allowed 88 hours to complete the process has lapsed.
You will also get the "Couldn't Charge Credit Card" error when charging your card if:
Your credit card limit has less than 2 USD (or equivalent) remaining.
Your card does not have the local currency of where it is issued. We only support the local currency of where your credit card is issued (e.g., USD on a card issued in the US).
If your authentication attempt fails, you may choose to undergo image authentication instead. You will be able to upload photos of your card only if you have previously attempted to authenticate it.