Setting up a security phone number
Present yourself as a trusted member of the Freelancer.com community by adding a verified phone number to your account. If you have already added one but you wish to update, see this article instead.
1. Log in to your Freelancer.com account.
2. Click your profile picture thumbnail from the main menu bar, and click User Settings under Account.
3. On the Profile tab, scroll down to the Security Phone Number section.
4. Click Setup Security Number.
5. Make sure your country is selected on the Country dropdown menu. Provide your phone number, and choose if you wish to receive the verification code via SMS or via a phone call.
To make sure the verification works, your phone number has to be in the correct format:
• Do not include hyphens or spaces
• Select the correct country to auto-populate the country code field
• It has to follow the standard international calling format: country code, city code, local phone number
You can use a mobile phone number or a landline number (without extensions). If you are using a mobile number, omit the 0. The country code will take its place, so just input the succeeding numbers. For instance, a US number 01234567898 will be entered as +11234567898.
6. Click Send Verification Code. You will receive the code on your mobile phone or landline via the method you selected (SMS or call).
7. Enter the code on the new field that will appear. Click Verify Code.
If you are unable to receive a code within 15 minutes, click Re-send Code.
8. A success notification will appear after your phone number is verified.
I am unable to receive the verification code.
If you are unable to receive the code, try the following troubleshooting steps:
• Make sure that the latest software updates are present on the phone.
• Verify that there are no applications interfering or filtering incoming SMS messages.
• Restart your phone to force it to reconnect to the local base station.
• Re-test message delivery to check if the problem still persists.
After these are done, try sending the verification code again. You can also try using a different phone number.