video editor for his YouTube channel!
Ideal for somebody with a passion for telling stories through visuals. This role requires a creative imagination, good problem solving skills, and the ability to effectively communicate ideas and follow direction.
The channel typically leans into cinematic-style editing (think: Netflix, Vox and YouTube channel PolyMatter/Johnny Harris inspired animations, motion graphics, and infographics), accompanied by a strong focus on narrative and story-telling.
The ideal candidate will be working closely with James and potentially with other teammates so a friendly, open and collaborative personality is essential.
Applicant will be responsible for:
- Editing high-quality, original videos using storyboards as guidance with their own creative input as well.
- Ensuring all video content is delivered on time, within tight deadlines.
- Organising and backing up all video assets.
- Designing new or working with existing motion graphic packages/animation presets.
This is a remote working job with full time hours, and the successful applicant will need to have excellent knoweledge of Adobe Suite software (primarily Premiere Pro, After Effects). There is a quick turnaround time between videos and so, the ability to work well under pressure on multiple projects at once, is desirable.
We have a lot of exciting plans for the future so we're looking for someone to hire for the long-term and grow with us as a member of the team.
Necessary requirements for all applicants:
- Be 18 years of age or over.
- Have a good grasp of animation, motion graphics and infographics.
- Advanced skill level with Adobe Suite.
- Have an up-to-date portfolio you are proud to share (please note: any application without the relevant portfolio will be automatically disqualified).
Salary negotiable based on experience.