Web Plan Summary
The POM Transporter website will serve as a source of basic information for those who find it via Internet searches, as well as a sophisticated account management portal for clients. For potential clients, the website will serve as a deeper explanation of the services and background of the company than a brochure or advertisement can provide. Specific calls to action on the website will ask users to call to speak to a salesperson or to fill in a form with their basic information and a good time to speak with them, so that a salesperson can contact them. Even one-time clients will be able to access up-to-date information about the ETA and current location of their deliveries. Clients who subscribe to preferred services will have access to more advanced information and functions.
The website's components will have the following requirements:
• Homepage - Mirroring a basic brochure about PMM Transporter
• About Us - Background on the partners, mission, and basics of the business
• Contact - Form to submit information and phone number to reach a salesperson during business hours
• Services - Deeper description of the service options along with images of the trucks and a map of the area served
• Form - To enter delivery code which was designated for the delivery
• Map - Shows current location of the delivery on a map
• Statistics - Gives ETA, minutes late or ahead of schedule, status of pick-up or drop-off, other notes about the order
• Login - Login form for client username and password
• Account Profile - Basic client information, settings related to interface between client systems and PMM
Transporter if direct links have been established
• Scheduling - Calendar on which pickups and deliveries can be scheduled and rescheduled
• Alerts - Settings for email or text alerts about deliveries which can be sent to client
• Database Entry - Ability to search within and make changes and edits to the client and scheduling information in the database
• Billing Interface - Website sends billing information for completed jobs directly to accounting software for bill creation
The website canl be developed over a 3 months’ period. Many elements can be adapted from off-the-shelf or open source software, but others must be developed from scratch to interface between client software and the POM Transporter database. A Mobile APP on Android and Apple must also be developed in tandem with this Portal Logistics Management System.
POM Transporter will establish a competitive edge through its dogged focus on on-time deliveries for its specific target market. Software systems, communication systems, operational choices and marketing materials will all be oriented around this goal. By making customers more assured of on-time delivery with POM Transporter than with competitors, they will be more likely to use the business overall, as they can never be sure when a few hours can make an incredible difference to their potential revenues or expenses.
POM Transporter will attempt to rapidly achieve high service levels in Dar Es Salaam area about its business in the first year, followed with high service levels in other regions in future years. It will position itself as the best service level provider with modern advanced systems to help clients manage their logistics better. Smaller businesses may feel more comfortable working with a smaller carrier as they fear being lost in the shuffle by bigger carriers who also handle huge accounts.